My favorite time of year is coming! Fall is the best time of year to get some family photos. The sun is golden, the trees are beautiful and the weather is so much cooler.
5 tips on what to wear
- Plan ahead – lay out everyone’s outfits ahead of time! Make sure it works together and nothing needs a new button or to be ironed.
- Coordinate but don’t match – choose a few colors and work around them. Mix some neutrals with them so it’s not matchy-matchy. Don’t put everyone in a bright top and jeans. Women- add a scarf or chunky jewelry. Men- jeans or khakis with a nice polo goes a long way!
- Wear one or two prints – be careful with prints. Polka dots, hound’s tooth, or large abstract prints work well.
- Add textures and layers – fall is a great time for scarves, boots, hair pieces (on little girls) and more. Don’t be afraid to add layers- you can always take them off during your session!
- Coordinate with your home – Look around your home and choose colors that will compliment your walls.
For inspiration and color palette ideas check out my What to Wear board on Pinterest. I’m loving green, navy and neutrals this year.
Remember your session is about you and your family so have fun! These are special images you’ll treasure forever.
You can find fall mini session info here or email me today to book your fall session- firstname.lastname@example.org.